Pasta always makes a great last minute, filling meal, you can throw any ingredients you have in the pan as I did with my 15 minute pasta recipe. I had been busy baking all day so I wanted something for dinner that didn’t require much effort from what I had leftover in the kitchen and came up with this, it tasted so much better than I expected!
You may have noticed I use chives and garlic infused olive oil a lot in my recipes. This is because they are excellent low fodmap versions of onion and garlic, trust me you won’t miss them! I have tested a lot of my low fodmap recipes on people who do not need to avoid onion and garlic and they have been really impressed by the amazing flavour you can still achieve with a few swaps.
Not only do tomatoes add a natural rich sweetness to pasta dishes but they also contain nearly a quarter of our daily recommended vitamin C per tomato! They also contain lycopene which is said to protect from prostate cancer.
100g gluten free pasta
1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
1 small courgette
2 vine tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
30g sun dried tomatoes, rinsed and drained (optional)
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 tsp hot smoked paprika
½ tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp tamari
1 tsp cider vinegar
- Start by heating the oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Cut the courgette into half moons and the broccoli into small florets and fry for 2 minutes
- Dice the tomatoes into 5mm pieces and add to the pan with all the other ingredients, except the pasta
- Add a splash of water to stop the pan from drying out then cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stir occasionally and add more water if needed
- Cook the pasta as per instructions and drain
- When everything cooked, add the pasta to the pan and mix until coated
- I recommend serving it with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast or parmesan