You can probably tell from looking through my blog that I love cookies and peanut butter so what could be a better treat recipe than these simple peanut butter cookies?! These 6 ingredient cookies are so easy to make and are ready to enjoy in no time. They are gluten free, low FODMAP, refined sugar free and vegan. Try dipping them in more peanut butter for a bit more indulgence!
Oat flour doesn’t usually come cheap so try making your own by simply blending oats in your blender or food processor. I like to make a big batch and store it in a kilner jar for my recipe testing. If you don’t have any chocolate protein powder then try swapping it for 40g cacao powder and an extra 20g of oat flour.
Makes 14 cookies
150g gluten free oat flour
60g vegan chocolate protein powder (I used That Protein)
100ml maple syrup
130g smooth salted peanut butter (add a pinch of salt if yours is unsalted)
60ml coconut or almond milk
50g chopped dark chocolate (I used a dairy & refined sugar free one)
- Preheat the oven to 150oc and line baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Simply combine all the ingredients together in a bowl until you have a soft cookie dough
- Roll pieces of the dough between your hands before pressing them into cookie shapes on the baking trays
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes
- Allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack until completely cooled
- Store in an airtight container