These low fodmap, gluten free cacao and banana protein cookies are so simple to make! They are sweetened only by the banana so are completely completely free from added sugar meaning you can eat as many as you want without feeling guilty!
I love using bananas in a lot of my recipes as they add a natural sweetness and are high in fibre and potassium. They’re also a great pre-workout snack!
Coconut oil is always my first choice for baking, it is believed to be the healthiest of all the saturated fats as it requires a higher temperature to damage the fat molecules meaning it is less likely to release free radicals that can damage your body.
Makes approximately 8 cookies
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder
1 tbsp cacao powder
80g gluten free porridge oats
80g ground almonds
210g banana (after peeling)
½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160oc and line a baking tray
- Start by roughly mashing the banana, leaving little chunks will help add texture to the cookies
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl
- The mixture should be quite wet but easy to handle, if it’s a bit too sticky leave it for a few minutes so the oats and ground almonds soak up some of the liquid
- Shape the mixture into cookie shapes, about 1cm thick and place on the baking tray
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the mixture has set, they won’t be as hard as normal cookies