This high-protein breakfast bake is the perfect dish to share on a weekend morning. It’s so simple to make but you do have to wait 30-40 minutes for it to bake. Trust me though it’s worth the wait! It also tastes just as delicious cold the next day if you store any leftovers in the fridge.
You can’t get a more summery breakfast than one filled with fresh berries. So I wanted to create something that was berry-based but also containing no added sugar while being packed with protein. I am so pleased with how this gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP recipe turned out and can’t wait to play around with other flavours!
180g fresh berries (I used a mix of strawberries and raspberries)
2 large eggs
50g vegan vanilla protein (I used Nutristrength)
60g gluten free oats
2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Roughly chop the berries and use them to cover the bottom on an ovenproof dish (mine measured 5×7 inches)
- Add all the remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend on a medium/high speed until you have a thick, smooth batter
- Pour the batter over the berries and place the dish in the over for 30-40 minutes until a skewer or knife comes out clean in the centre ( you may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your dish)
- Leave the bake to cool for 5 minutes before serving
- Serve on its own or topped with more fresh berries and some coconut yoghurt!