I have been asked by a few people on Instagram to create a simple flapjack recipe so here it is! I love flapjacks topped with chocolate so couldn’t resist topping these with some homemade chocolate. If you would prefer a less indulgent snack then simply leave it out. I like to eat them straight from the fridge as it gives them an amazing chewy texture.
These make the perfect mid-morning or pre-workout snack, I always like to have a cup of coffee and something sweet before I go to the gym so these are perfect for that! They are gluten free, low FODMAP, refined sugar free and vegan.
For the flapjacks:
105ml maple syrup
For the topping:
100g melted coconut oil
45ml maple syrup
30g cacao powder
Optional: cacao nibs & grated coconut to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a 7×7 square tin with greaseproof paper
- To make the flapjacks, simply combine all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Press the flapjack mixture firmly into the lined tin
- Bake them for 15 minutes
- Leave the flapjacks to cool completely in the tin before topping them
- Mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder then pour it over the flapjacks
- Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set before cutting them into squares with a sharp knife