So this is another of my Christmas recipes… I love this time of year, especially the food! I usually end up making edible gifts for my friends and family as I find it is much more appreciated and I love seeing people’s faces light up when they open a package of homemade treats!
Granola makes an amazingly delicious breakfast, especially when you are in a rush! This gluten free, refined sugar free cranberry and cinnamon granola works perfectly with fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt or almond milk.
I have made some sort of festive granola for my family to eat for breakfast on Christmas Day over the last few years but this creation is by far my favourite! I plan on making a giant batch to take with me this year for everyone to enjoy. I thought about many different flavour combinations as I am a fan of experimenting with ingredients and flavours but I decided to stick with something quite simple for this recipe. Christmas is the only time of year where I favour basic, traditional food and I like routine so I love that it reminds me of Christmas when I was growing up!
175g gluten free rolled oats
30g gluten free oat flour
50ml coconut oil, melted
50ml maple syrup
40g walnut halves
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground allspice
15g flaked almonds (or regular, finely chopped)
15g pumpkin seeds
40g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 150oc and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the dried cranberries
- Spread the mixture out on the baking tray and cook for 20 minutes (mix after the first 10 minutes to prevent burning)
- Remove the granola from the oven and sprinkle over the dried cranberries, leave to cool
- When the granola has cooled store it in an airtight container and sprinkle it over fresh fruit on Christmas day!