Makes approximately 20 pancakes (depending on size)
2 large eggs
1.5 tsp gluten free baking powder
70g gluten free oat flour or porridge oats
Coconut yoghurt or natural yoghurt & fresh berries to serve
- Combine the eggs, bananas and gluten oat flour in a food processor for a minute until combined
- Chop the strawberries into quarters and add to the egg mix, pulse for 20 seconds until combined
- Heat a little bit of the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Drop small amounts of the batter (I use a 1/8th of a cup measure or a tbsp for mini ones) and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until they start to brown
- Serve with fresh berries and a little coconut yoghurt or natural yoghurt
I designed these gluten free, low fodmap strawberry & banana pancakes for my 7 month old nephew who absolutely loves strawberries! Pancakes are one of my favourite things so I wanted to create a quick nutritious breakfast for him enjoy with his favourite ingredient in. If you are not making these for children then they are also tasty with a scoop of vegan protein powder in for a little protein boost! They also freeze well so can be reheated and ready within minutes.
DISCLAIMER: I not a nutritionist or dietician, this recipe is purely based on what I have been told my 7 month old nephew is ok to eat. If you are unsure or have not given your child these ingredients before then please consult a professional.